S.Y.K. is Bacccck!
The last two week’s there was no episode of S.Y.K. because, simply, life has been rough around these parts. In order to gain some normalcy, I figured I could start by publishing our favorite series of questions.
I hope you are excited 🙂
So You Know (S.Y.K.)
Is a series of questions meant to bring the reader closer to their favorite bloggers. It’s easy to participate! Follow these simple guidelines:
Publish a post on your site answering this week’s questions.
Create a pingback to this week’s post. Don’t know how? Chat with me and I’ll explain.
See simple, right?
This week’s questions
- Do you take a vacation during the summer months? If so, what amount of time do you travel (days, weeks)?
- Do you meet up with family or friends at the destination?
- What has been your favorite destination spot?
- What has been your worst traveling experience?
- If you do not travel each summer, what do you do to escape your reality?
I hope that everyone is staying cool this summer. Summer vacation comes to an end in three short weeks and school begins. Time seems to fly by the older I get. My daughter and I are going camping in the upcoming weeks and I can not be more excited. I haven’t got away in two years and the effects of that are showing in my lack of fulfillment.
The increase in my meds is working in spurts so I know I am on the right track. I go for an evaluation next Wednesday with a possible increase. I am bothered by my position in life these days, as you all know, so I am looking for any glimmer of light. Thanks for all the encouraging words you share and thank you for being a source of positivity in my daily reading.
Progress small or large is progress, nonetheless
That’s right folks! I have a few entries completed in my #julyjournalchallenge and today I shall give y’all a peek!! Yay!
Before I begin, allow me to refer to the basics of this challenge. Initially, I had planned to create four individual inserts to record, plan, and create in. It just so happened that four wasn’t necessary.
If you haven’t a clue as to what I am talking about, refer to the original post, July Journal Challenge. You will find a more in-depth description.
I created a standard size insert and a passport insert. I then used a store bought calendar insert. This totals three inserts that were used to help me organize and promote creativity in my life. The two I created are my July insert and a writing insert (pictured below). The passport size insert is where I write life’s little synchronicity’s, ah ha moments or things I have tied together as a result of patterned behavior.
The July insert is where I have been expressing my creativity and trying new things, exploring my own creativity. The goal in doing so is to build trust in my own ideas and assist in developing my style. Both inserts are being used for the July Journal Challenge prompts (below). The same goes for being used to record specific events that have happened this month.
When I created the list of prompts, I chose random ideas and typed ’em up. That became apparent the first time I sat down to create. But hey, the only way you learn is by jumping in! And so I did. I think randomness keeps it interesting but I also like to have more of a themed guide. I suppose I will figure it out as I go.
This month has been a pretty rough one and when that is the case, my focus is zilch, however, I am on an increased dose of the new medication- I start the new mg tomorrow….let’s hope it works. Lord knows I need something because the thoughts in this head have nooooo direction. They begin, the whole plan is thought through and after a nights rest, barely visited again 😞 (sigh). Example: I have 41 draft posts!?!?
I feel like I may be distancing myself too much from the habit of blogging. Writing is my chosen medium of art. Words do something for me that cannot be explained but I am also trying to explore other avenues of creativity and until I discover my style, I won’t be satisfied. I suppose its like finding your voice as a blogger/writer. Stepping out of my comfort zone is, well, stepping out of my comfort zone but I am enjoying myself. The lack of focus does get to me though. It’s frustrating.
I have so much I want to share but in an effort to keep some focus, I take photos and hope to remember the process so that I can eventually write a shitload of material. And I mean a shitload!! I would literally have content for a year if I went solely off the photos I’ve been snapping over the 14 months of my creative journey. Like probably daily material. I’ll bookmark that idea..lol.
As an addition to my creative skills, I’ve recently taught myself about using a scanner. Like… ok, where the hell was I when this brilliant technology was given to us?? Because ummmm, can you say addicted?!?!? Sheesh! I really have so much going on but the great thing is, it all revolves around paper. So that is a plus for me and y’all because guess what??? I will be having a nice giveaway soon!! Yay…oh, and fingers crossed, some digital products 🙂 but I’m not going to spoil the surprises. Note to self: you should’ve put that in the newsletter you haven’t written in three months – gggrrrr. See! TOO MUCH! Anyone wanna be a virtual life assistant? 😂😂
I’ve come to realize that what is lacking in adulting is the use of our imagination. Today, I hope you search for the gold at the end of the rainbow. Because I will be. Always.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results. And so…, today, I did different. Not – I wanted to do different but I DID differently.
Having a morning routine is something I have wanted to give a go for about a year now and this morning, I had a tech-free morning that included writing my thoughts, indexing my day, and meditating. How amazing is that?!?!
Last night we had a total solar eclipse and it was a new moon. Tapping into my “energy life”, I have researched the energy of the moon. From as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to the night sky. The moon and stars heal my being like the ocean does for some. Give me a blanket, surrounded by trees and a sky lit with the moon and stars and I am a happy girl. I figure there has to be more to it than that and so I Googled.
I have kept pretty quiet about my findings because I’m not particularly looking for opinions on the matter but I must say, me and the moon…we are close pals. I have now done a full moon ritual (last month) and last night I did my first new moon ritual. No, it isn’t witchcraft. It involves setting intentions and releasing things that no longer serve you – oh, and using sage to clear the air.
I drop that tidbit of info because it is something new I am doing and what’s the point in introducing new into my life if my routines and daily habits remain the same?? I’ll answer that for you – there is no point!!
Whatever it is that you do or believe or…yeah, whatever you do…it is the intention behind what you are doing and the follow up behind the intention that makes the difference. And allow you to claim your sanity as a bonus.
Today felt significantly lighter for me. I realize I have been quiet lately and I even skipped out on S.Y.K. this week, my apologies. To ease any worries, it is because I am processing a ton of…well, bullshit. Bullshit that I do not have a clue of what exactly it is I am dealing with. This phase has been difficult but I am trying my damnedest to respond kindly to myself – even if all that is, is tears, lots and lots of tears. I thought I was emerging but I am afraid I am barely hanging on some days. I am experiencing changes that I didn’t prepare for and even more weird, I don’t even know what changes I am talking about BUT I do know some things are changing within me and around me.
I know this too shall pass and I suppose it is the immediate gratification receptors that want it to pass now but I also know good things take time. I feel as though this transition began in 2017 and I am working diligently for things to smooth out. All I have is time. As much as I know all of this, I feel as though I am drowning, differently.
Published a day after written
We all know how easily I can be distracted and I have been so for a month. Squirrel. Lol. But no, really. And omg how huge this day is???!!! I can honestly see that I am growing.
I won’t fool you and say the decision was mine because it wasn’t but what I can say is, I felt the sadness of it, and let it go. No obsessing, no fighting it, no harassing, no embarrassment, no shame, no regret…just acceptance. Wow!! Fuck’n WOW!!!
Wow. It’s a beautiful thing. To be able to speak on the things you feel in the moment but to also let go of those things because they are now in the past…even if it was an hour ago, it’s gone. The sadness I feel is because I have to leave the broken behind to save myself. But I will never truly let go of those whom I wish to rescue from themselves and so I’ll improve myself in hopes of them seeing the potential presence has. The peace it offers. The pain it relieves. The love it has.
The pure essence of it is at its core is an amazing concept and one I find my soul grasping onto for its own survival. A warrior I am and a slave I have been but I’ve felt the release acceptance brings and I refuse to let that go. That belongs to me – within me. Embedded in my soul. It is my soul.
It is for everyone, not only me and if you embrace it, you will see. You too are worthy. Set yourself free and just BE.
If you are reading this know that you are witnessing its power. I am changing. It is changing me. I am allowing it and fuck is it scary but so fuck’n worth it!!!
* If you are reading this, thank you, Chris. Your respect and faith in me has given me strength. *
So You Know is a fun, sometimes serious, series that airs each Monday with questions that bring the reader closer to their favorite bloggers.
Participation is easy and it allows everyone to get to know you a little more each week.
Rules? Oh, we don’t follow rules too well around here but if you follow these few, you’ll be in the safe zone.
- Create a post on your website answering the following questions.
- Or not…answer in the comment section. Either way is acceptable to me 🤓
- Pingback to this weeks post. Don’t know how? Ask me, it’s easy as pie.
Can you handle that?? I hope so…
1.2.3. Let’s go!
This week’s questions
- How often, if ever, do you feel ruled by your emotions?
- Does your mood decide your productivity level?
- Are you bipolar or do you have another behavioral diagnosis?
- How do you respond to having a not-so-good day? (Sleep, cry, nothing)
- If you could give your moods names, what would they be?
-**** any additional mood you can think of:
My response to last weeks S.Y.K
- Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it? Besides blogging, I enjoy creating a variety of forms of art using paper.
- How did you discover your interest in your hobby? While searching for tips on how to be a better blogger I stumbled upon this amazing world. I have always had a love of stationery and so I picked it up quickly. Not the techniques so much but the collecting, I have down pact! 😂
- Do you find having a hobby helps with maintaining your mental wellness? How so? I’d say 95%, yes and 5% no. The five percent is only because of my tendency to compare and my perfectionism gets a run for its money!
- Where do you find materials for staying active with your hobby? Everywhere. Everyday life, craft stores, book stores, estate sales, second hand stores….
- Have you ever considered monetizing your hobby? Or if you already do, do you still enjoy it as a hobby? I have and do somewhat. Looking back I approached my interest in paper art all wrong. I decided I wanted to monetize it before I even made my first attempt at creating anything. Having done this blocked any creative ideas I may would have had otherwise. I have since pulled the reins on producing an income and focused all of my attention on the actual art of making as well as allowing the process to heal any pent up emotions that cause me to regress any chance they surface.
So You Know
I was going to mention how quick the week came and went and then I realized we are halfway through the year!! Wowzers!! Can you believe we are already 6 months into 2019?!?!
Every Monday here on R.O.E. we present a series of questions for bloggers to answer with the hopes of getting to know the person behind the screen better. You can participate by creating a post on your site answering the week’s questions or you may answer them in the comment section below. If you choose to publish a post, please create a pingback to this week’s edition of S.Y.K.
This week’s Questions
- Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
- How did you discover your interest in your hobby?
- Do you find having a hobby helps with maintaining your mental wellness? How so?
- Where do you find materials for staying active with your hobby?
- Have you ever considered monetizing your hobby? Or if you already do, do you still enjoy it as a hobby?
My answers to last week’s S.Y.K.
- What is your favorite part of summer? I would have to say having cook outs by the pool or at the lake is my favorite part. I love the closeness I feel to nature when I am using traditional methods of feeding people by using the bare essentials of modern day cookware. If that makes sense. Lol
- Do you swim in bodies of water that are questionable? Like where you cannot see the bottom – lakes, ponds, the ocean… if so, what’s is your fear in doing so? When I was a kid we swam in anything that created a puddle. Manmade ponds and lakes with slimy bottoms where you couldn’t see your feet with red clay mud being the structure of the pond. These days, not so much. If I get in a body of water it is to cool off by quickly throwing water over my body or getting on a float in the shallow end and rowing myself out to the deep end. I will however swim in a pool but not after fourth of July – in Louisiana at least. Why? The water after the fourth is like bath water and I cannot stand the thought of urine filled bath water especially when the urine isn’t my own. Yuck. The ocean is a little different because of the ability to see my feet. I am still a bit weirded out about the marine life though. Arkansas has beautiful bodies of water with cold. flowing water that is clear and with rock bottoms. That is my kind of water to be in. Streams and flowing water is what I prefer.
- What is the average temperature (Fahrenheit) of summer in your area? on average I would say between the months of May and August 90 degrees is average but it soars into the 100’s more often than I like. UGH!!! I’m not ready for it!
- Do you have access to a pool? If so, is it your own private pool or a complex pool? I do but I don’t. We are allowed to use my Ma’s best friend’s private pool but I don’t very often. My co-worker who lives across the street has an apartment and I have laid out at her complex’s pool once this year.
- What ocean is closest to you? The Gulf of Mexico is at the bottom of Louisiana but I don’t believe I’ve ever been in it.
That’s it for this weeks edition of S.Y.K. If there are things you wish you knew about other bloggers, submit a list of questions you would like to know the answer too and I will use them in future So You Knows. You can do so by chatting with me via email.
Thanks for participating and as always, I love y’all!!!
Sunshine in my soul
It is so easy to fall within the frame of mind that lends itself to negativity without realizing how it contributes to the negative vibes that sometimes consume our world but today, I refuse to do so. Today I will not feel like my happiness is set up rather enjoy it and accept it.
Too often I find that I am guilty of wallering in moments that have passed but because of me, they remain. I’m going to let go of any of that and appreciate the beauty in the small gifts I am gifted, today.
- The weather is absolutely gorgeous in Louisiana today!!
- My sweet J-Baby cooperated so nicely while I groomed him.
- My daughter will have this day as a canvass to build upon and remember as she has her varsity soccer try-outs today.
- I am off work.
- I have my freedom.
- I have a support system that is the foundation for building my self-confidence.
- I have learned that this moment is all I have and knowing such has altered the way I see life in general.
- I am learning to let go of what I cannot control and it is the most liberating thing I’ve ever experienced.
- I have mobility in that I can walk, use my arms and hands, and my thumbs which typed this gratitude post 😉
- I have a healthy, thriving, intelligent child.
- I belong to an amazing community of like-minded bloggers who encourage me from all over the world.
- Today, I believe in myself.
- Acknowledging my faults and learning from my mistakes is a strength I often dismiss but not today.
I could go on but I will stop with those because I’ve got some vitamin D to soak up!!!☀
What are some things that you are grateful for today?? Let me know in the comments.
I hope all who read this realize the impact you have had on my life. Words do no justice for when trying to express that. Because of many of you, I have the will to live and not just exist. Y’all have singlehandedly changed the way I view myself, my potential and my purpose which has completely changed my perspective about this thing we call life. That’s huge for someone who wanted to die 10 days ago and from the bottom of my heart
I love y’all!