So You Know
I was going to mention how quick the week came and went and then I realized we are halfway through the year!! Wowzers!! Can you believe we are already 6 months into 2019?!?!
Every Monday here on R.O.E. we present a series of questions for bloggers to answer with the hopes of getting to know the person behind the screen better. You can participate by creating a post on your site answering the week’s questions or you may answer them in the comment section below. If you choose to publish a post, please create a pingback to this week’s edition of S.Y.K.
This week’s Questions
- Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
- How did you discover your interest in your hobby?
- Do you find having a hobby helps with maintaining your mental wellness? How so?
- Where do you find materials for staying active with your hobby?
- Have you ever considered monetizing your hobby? Or if you already do, do you still enjoy it as a hobby?
My answers to last week’s S.Y.K.
- What is your favorite part of summer? I would have to say having cook outs by the pool or at the lake is my favorite part. I love the closeness I feel to nature when I am using traditional methods of feeding people by using the bare essentials of modern day cookware. If that makes sense. Lol
- Do you swim in bodies of water that are questionable? Like where you cannot see the bottom – lakes, ponds, the ocean… if so, what’s is your fear in doing so? When I was a kid we swam in anything that created a puddle. Manmade ponds and lakes with slimy bottoms where you couldn’t see your feet with red clay mud being the structure of the pond. These days, not so much. If I get in a body of water it is to cool off by quickly throwing water over my body or getting on a float in the shallow end and rowing myself out to the deep end. I will however swim in a pool but not after fourth of July – in Louisiana at least. Why? The water after the fourth is like bath water and I cannot stand the thought of urine filled bath water especially when the urine isn’t my own. Yuck. The ocean is a little different because of the ability to see my feet. I am still a bit weirded out about the marine life though. Arkansas has beautiful bodies of water with cold. flowing water that is clear and with rock bottoms. That is my kind of water to be in. Streams and flowing water is what I prefer.
- What is the average temperature (Fahrenheit) of summer in your area? on average I would say between the months of May and August 90 degrees is average but it soars into the 100’s more often than I like. UGH!!! I’m not ready for it!
- Do you have access to a pool? If so, is it your own private pool or a complex pool? I do but I don’t. We are allowed to use my Ma’s best friend’s private pool but I don’t very often. My co-worker who lives across the street has an apartment and I have laid out at her complex’s pool once this year.
- What ocean is closest to you? The Gulf of Mexico is at the bottom of Louisiana but I don’t believe I’ve ever been in it.
That’s it for this weeks edition of S.Y.K. If there are things you wish you knew about other bloggers, submit a list of questions you would like to know the answer too and I will use them in future So You Knows. You can do so by chatting with me via email.
Thanks for participating and as always, I love y’all!!!