Welcome back to Revenge of Eve’s 2019: Challenge Remix
This week we are going to bring it back in and share our opinions on mental health. As most of you are aware, I consider myself an advocate, not an activist, for the mental health community. I openly discuss my trials and tribulations in regards to my co-occurring illnesses. Not only here on R.O.E. but if ever the topic arises in a public conversation, I speak of my experience having been diagnosed. Currently, I am in recovery and thriving but that isn’t to say that I do not struggle.
We have seen a recent onslaught of public figures and civilians alike speaking up and out about the importance of mental wellness but I can’t help but question if we are doing enough to actually be heard and create change. Making waves is good but it sometimes takes a natural disaster to invoke change within a society.
I am afraid it will take devastating events for others to wake up and change the way we speak about mental health. Do I have the solution? No, but I do use every platform in which I am active to elevate my voice.
2019: Challenge Remix
1. Do you struggle with your mental health (ie. diagnosed)?
2. What is the most aggravating misconception as it relates to your diagnosis?
3. Is there a family history of mental illness within your immediate family?
4. If you could change the stigma that surrounds mental illness, how would you go about doing so?
5. Do you believe that maintaining our mental wellness will ever rank in importance with maintaining our physical health? Why or why not?
- A number of questions will be asked. At least 1, no more than 5.
- Questions will range in subject from cherries to prostitution.
- Participation will consist of you creating a post on your website, listing the questions and responding.
- Pingback to any SYK post
A few things to keep in mind
- There are no right or wrong answers… Your answers = Your opinion = Your life
- Answer a few or one, whatever you are comfortable with
- Pingback to any S.Y.K. post
- Use the hashtag #SYK to tag your post
- Be real. If you feel a certain type of way, say it. You were asked your opinion 😉 (double dog dare)
My answers to last weeks questions are…
- What is the soul? I believe the soul to be who we are before we are told by society, friends, and family, who to be. I also believe our souls are the little innocent child in ourselves that we’ve left behind. I believe our soul is here to serve a purpose and due to distractions, we lose sight of that purpose.
- What is religion? Groups of like-minded individuals who worship an idol and live their life according to a set of rules laid out by the governing body of said group.
- What is spirituality? I believe spirituality to be a place, realm, of where we originate and where we ultimately belong. An embodiment, a destination, peace from within, wholeness.
- What purpose do humans serve in the scheme of things? Speculation: we serve as an experiment. One where the population is bred and given no answers only to prove the power of negative energy (such as greed, lust…). Perhaps it is something we asked for in which we were given only to be destroyed by ego as a form of punishment.
*the opinions expressed are the opinion of Revenge of Eve 🙂 no judgment if our views do not reflect one another